Monday, June 29, 2009

Technology Conference

One of the best things about our school is that if teachers attend conferences or other professional development, they blog it live! All day I have been following our Instructional Technologist Melanie Holtsman and Standard Coach Suzanne Shall as they have been working their way through the national technology conference in Washington, D.C. Not only have I been following their blog posts but I have also been following their tweets of Twitter.com. I feel like I'm meeting some of the same people that they are meeting and that I'm hearing some of the same sessions, just as they are. As I follow the back channel chat on a session or visit wikis and web sites as they are presented, it's almost as if I have a friend sitting there with me discussing the presentation as it goes. Now don't be too impressed. I have just starting using Twitter this week so that I could follow this conference! I do have to admit that this is as close as you can get to being there! What an exciting way to learn!

No comments: