Friday, October 1, 2010

Join a Blog Challenge

At the end of last year our Leadership Team noticed that many of our blogging teachers had really stopped posting altogether or had posted fewer times as the year had gone along. What had started as a new, fun, creative idea the years before had begun to fizzle. Not only that, but while teachers had done a pretty good job of putting photographs up of the children in their classroom during big events, it seemed that they were missing the variety and deeper lessons that could be shared through blogging. I remember making the comment at that time that I wanted to send something to teachers every week when I returned to the classroom full time so it would give them some ideas of what to blog about. Of course, while my intention was good, as I returned to the classroom full time I got stuck in the quagmire of things that eat up a teacher's time. I haven't delivered on my intent. Our technology mentor, Melanie Holtsman, had heard that little seed of an idea and, as it so often happens, had let the idea germinate until she had a plan for how it could be implemented. One of the things that I love about our Leadership group is that someone can present a problem or even an idea of how we might do something better and someone else will pick up on it and run. So... Melanie has come up with a blogging challenge. Of course, she always thinks bigger than I do so she has opened it up to anyone that wants to take the challenge! To read all the details, check out her blog. As for me, watch for my blog each week to meet the challenge. You'll know it's a blogging challenge because it will be labeled fallblogchallenge2010.

1 comment:

Melanie Holtsman said...

Whoo Hooo! Thanks for the inspiration!