Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's a Sign of the Times!

Often kindergartners' invented spelling cracks me up, but today I actually laughed out loud. I have one little kindergarten student who uses the computer for word processing instead of writing by hand because of some Occupational Therapy concerns. We have just started a unit on writing persuasive letters and the children were writing friends in the class to let them know their opinion about recycling and if they thought we should recycle or not. As I went around checking the letters that the children were writing, I couldn't help but stop by the computer and read Parker's letter - recycle spelled "re-si-cool" just like he sounded it out, but then I just couldn't stop laughing when I saw that he spelled we as "wii"! It really is a sign of the time!

No comments: